Veicolo Filoguidabile per l’Identificazione, la Detezione e l’Esplorazione Subacquea
V-FIDES is developed by a team lead by WASS (Whitehead Alenia Sistemi Subacquei, Livorno) with the participation of Kayser Italia Srl (Livorno) and of the Scuola Superiore S. Anna (Pisa). The team is supported by a group of specialists including Compolab (Livorno), CRM (Livorno) and Polo dei Sistemi Logistici of University of Pisa.
Underwater robot (AUV) for the identification, detection and exploration of the seas.
The general objective of the program is the creation of a Technology Demonstrator in order to verify, in the laboratory and in the real environment, the suitability of technological solutions studied and subsequently developed with particular attention to the monitoring of the water through the system analysis of the concentration of mercury.
The new vehicle will be suitable for different missions:
- Seafloor exploration,
- Environmental monitoring,
- Monitoring of civil plants,
- Simple robotic operations (cleaning, micro-coring, water sample analysis).
The main features of the demonstrator are:
- Max dimensions: 3.3 m x 2.4 m x 1.5 m
- Weight : hull ≤ 180 kg, total ≤ 900 kg, max ≤ 1500 kg
- Range: > 30 km (about 4 hours per mission)
- Max speed: > 3 knots
- Max depth: 600 m (lower based on the payload resistance)
- Energy available on board : modular-based battery cells Li-Polymer - 20 kWh
- Max payload: > 400 kg (including battery)
The vehicle is equipped with two main engines for propulsion (2 kW maximum power) and 5 engines for attitude control (total maximum consumption 3.5 kW).
The integrated RA-915M mercury analyzer employs differential atomic absorption spectrometry technique, which is implemented using the direct Zeeman effect (Zeeman Atomic Absorption Spectrometry using High Frequency Modulation of Light Polarization ZAAS-HFM).
Mercury (Hgº) analyzer system features: 200 ml sampling water, 4min max, accuracy=0,05 ng/l approx.